Thursday, May 8, 2008

Not very good at this...

Apparently I'm not as much of a blogger as I thought lol.

We went to the doctor this week. The doctor thinks we are having a girl... he said about 70%. We'll find out for sure on June 5th when we get the good, thorough ultrasound at the hospital. I really hope he's right! I've been picking girls' names ever since!

I cooked dinner for the first time since being married last night. I made chicken and dumplings. They were a far cry from being good, but wes ate them anyways. Thats true love. I eventually finished my half of a bowl, while he went back for seconds and thirds. We didn't even have any leftover! So tonight, I'm going to try for something different. Still chicken, of course, because thats about the only think I can cook. I might go with enchiladas, but that requires going to the store... so maybe i'll just do chicken and rice. If anyone has good, easy recipes for me that don't involve red meat or garlic, i'd love to have them!

Oh and last night, my baby was completely upside down with her(or his) feet stretched out straight up toward my ribs. It was not comfortable, but I could feel her feet with my hands and that made me excited. She curled back up before Wes got to feel though. I hope she'll play with dad as much as she plays with me soon. I love being able to feel her move! It makes it so much more real, so I want him to be able to feel her too!

3 comments:

The McCanns said...

I'm so excited you are reading my blog!! Girls rock, but I love my mama's boy! Ok...chicken recipes..here are 2:

Chicken Parmigiana
Boneless breast (chicken of course)
Seasoned bread crumbs (same aisle as corn meal)
Jar of Marinara sauce (brand of your choice)
Tons of mozzarella and parmesan cheese

Bake and Voila!

Chicken Cordon Bleu
Boneless Breast
Seasoned bread crumbs
slices of shaved ham
swiss cheese

Bake and again...Voila!

I cook @ 350, but you might need to adjust. I also sometimes kick it up to 400 at the end to brown the cheese.

I hope you like those! I'll check back so keep blogging.

The McCanns said...

oh yeah, I'm a dork. On the recipes:

Cook the chicken and bread crumbs alone until the chicken is done before adding the toppings and flip half way through cooking. That way the breading gets crispy! Glad I remembered that!

DD said...

Awww.. love my girl! Her name is Josie btw. (know you're looking for a name and this is a rare one). Good luck with your pregnancy.